2 cups all purpose flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
1 cup blueberries
1 cup milk
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon butter, melted
2 tablespoons milk
splash of vanilla
squeeze of fresh lemon juice
To make the biscuits:
1. Preheat the oven to 450° F and lightly butter a cast iron skillet; set aside.
2. In a medium sized bowl; combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
3. Mix the cubed butter in until the mixture is crumbly. Stir in the blueberries and the milk.
4. Flour your worktop and knead the the mixture lightly; then flatten the dough and fold on top of itself. Repeat this about 3 times (this creates flaky layers).
5. Using a biscuit cutter or a mason jar lid, cut the biscuits place into the skillet.
6. Bake at 450 degrees F for 12-15 minutes.
To make the glaze:
1.Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Pour over hot biscuits