Updated: Jan 8
1 lb of shrimp (cleaned or whole)
1 lb of crab meat (imitation or fresh)
2 cans creamed corn
2 cans cream of potato soup
1 quart half and half
1 1/2 sticks butter
1 onion chopped
1/2 cup chopped green onion
2 tablespoons flour
Salt and pepper, cajun seasoning, crawfish seasoning, red pepper to taste
1. In a pot on medium low heat, sauté green onion and onion with butter until translucent; about 15 minutes.
2. Stir in the flour and cook for about 3 minutes.
3. Bring heat up to a medium/high and add in cans of soup and corn, bring to a bubble.
4. Add seafood and cook until the shrimp begin to turn pink.
5. Lower the heat to low, add half and half and seasonings, stir well. Turn heat off.
6. Serve warm with toasted bread.
Be sure not the boil the bisque after adding the half and half, this will cause milk separation. After mixing in the seasonings; it is best to completely cut the heat and remove the pot from the stove.