Updated: Apr 16
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup salted butter; room temperature
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
4 ounces dark chocolate bar, roughly chopped
TO BROWN THE BUTTER:
1. Melt the butter in a small pot over medium heat. Cook, stirring continuously, until it begins to brown, about 7 minutes. Remove and cool to room temperature.
DIRECTIONS: 1. In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the sugars and cooled butter. Beat on medium low speed until light and fluffy.
3. Once incorporated, crack in the egg and beat until combined. Add the vanilla and beat again. Slowly incorporate the flour mixture. Once mixed well, fold in the chocolate.
4. Scoop 1 1/2 inch sized balls on to the baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
5. Serve warm; topped with flaky salt!
For thinner, crispier cookies: remove the pan from the oven after about 5 minutes; drop the pan onto the counter to flatten them out and continue baking.