Updated: Apr 21
2 tbs avocado oil
3 tablespoons butter
8 ounces small cooked shrimp
1 yellow onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
8 ounces smoked sausage, sliced
8 oz fettuccine noodles
8 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 cup heavy cream
5 oz grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
onion powder, to taste
fresh parsley, for garnish
aleppo pepper, for garnish
1. In a pot on medium high heat, heat the oil and brown down the sausage and remove. Melt the butter and saute the onions and peppers on medium heat for 25 minutes. Add in the garlic and saute for 3 minutes.
2. Add sausage and the shrimp to the pot and saute for 5 minutes; to cook the shrimp.
3. In a separate pot, bring water to a boil and season with some cajun seasoning. Cook the pasta until al dente. Drain and save a 1/2 cup of pasta water. Set aside. Pour in the heavy cream and stock in to the pot with the veggies, sausage, and shrimp then season to taste and bring to a simmer.
4. Add in the pasta water and freshly grated parmesan cheese. Stir until melted and let simmer until it thickens.
5. Serve, hot, garnished with parmesan and parsley