INGREDIENTS: 3 pounds of boneless skinless chicken strips (or breasts cut into strips)
sunflower or vegetable oil
Wet Mix (1):
2-3 cups buttermilk
1 teaspoon each: paprika, cayenne pepper, white pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, salt
Dry Mix (1):
2 teaspoons each: oregano, baking powder
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tablespoon paprika
1 teaspoon each: onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Dry Mix (2):
1/2 cup bread crumbs, 1 cup flour (separate bowl, seasoned w cajun seasoning)
1. Mix all ingredients for (Wet Mix 1) and pour over chicken. Let marinate for no less than 4 hours, up to 24 hours, covered and refrigerated.
2. When you're ready to cook, whisk all ingredients together for Wet Mix 2, Dry Mix 1, and Dry Mix 2 all in separate bowls.
3. Remove chicken from buttermilk, dredge in flour, eggs, then flour/breadcrumb mixture.
4. Heat oil to 350°. Add just enough oil to cover the chicken halfway. Cook in batches, about 5 minutes per side.
Serve over waffles (see below).
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 ¾ cups milk
½ cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon white sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat waffle iron. Beat eggs in large bowl with hand beater until fluffy. Beat in flour, milk, vegetable oil, sugar, baking powder, salt and vanilla, just until smooth.
2. Spray preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour mix onto hot waffle iron. Cook until golden brown. Serve hot.